Saturday, September 20, 2014

{Review} Trader Joe's 100% Pure Coconut Water - Single Origin


My latest trip to my local Trader Joe's brought me back with their 100% Pure Coconut Water. I absolutely love the taste of plain coconut water without any added flavors- it is really refreshing! I often use coconut water as a replacement for energy drinks. I always feel more awake and energized after a glass of coconut water. It's a healthy and delicious alternative that doesn't make you crash.

Trader Joe's sells two other brands of coconut water- Zico and the other Trader Joe's brand. There are pros and cons to both of those drinks. They both taste good, but the water seems to be processed to the point where the taste becomes slightly tart, instead of milky. 

This small bottle was much more expensive; it cost $3.99. I figured that this had to be delicious!

 

  • Packaging: This comes in a 12FL oz. plastic bottle. It is rectangular with rounded edges. The design is very clean and simple. It's refreshing to see that they didn't try to overwhelm the bottle with unecessary colors and designs.
  • Color: While my bottle had the familiar translucent and milky white color, there is a message on the back that informs you of the possible rosy colors it can become. The reddish color may concern some people at first, but it in facts occurs naturally, so it is completely normal and okay to drink.
  • Scent: The scent was very light and it smelled of coconut (of course!). It smelled just like a freshly cracked coconut!
  • Taste: This is everything that I hoped for! It was nothing like the Zico's slightly sour coconut water; Instead, it tasted very much like the Harmless Harvest's 100% Raw Coconut Water. The taste was milky and slightly floral. Simply delicious.
I tried my best to drink it in moderation in order to savor it... but that didn't work out. I drank it all within 20 minutes. 

Will I purchase this again? Yes, yes, yes!




Disclaimer: I bought all of these products myself.

My statements on the products are my true opinions.

You are welcome to share my pictures, as long as the watermark is not removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment