Monday, February 16, 2015

Valentine's Day 2015


Last Saturday was the fifth Valentine's Day Ricky and I have spent together. Oddly enough, this was the first time where we had actually gone out to celebrate it. The two of us don't take this "holiday" too seriously, but this year, Ricky thought it would be nice to take me to Tuscan Hills! It is located in Forest Hills along Queens Boulevard. I have never noticed it before, but there are a lot of Italian restaurants down that road.I wasn't sure how he even picked this one out of the rest of them, but I figured it must have been from reviews online. It has a 4 star rating on Yelp, so it seemed like a solid choice.


Tuscan Hills has many positive reviews on Yelp, and while I was looking for their menu, I discovered a cute background story. While the restaurant was under construction, workers discovered a beautiful brick wall, which apparently was a very painstaking job to uncover. With their persistence, the wall became exposed, and even though some of the bricks were damaged in the process, their method of covering their mistakes sure is interesting. Throughout the nicely decorated interior, you can find many knickknacks that pay homage to traditional Italian decor. You can read about it on their website!

The two of us arrived at 7pm, and it was a very short drive from my house. It was very busy inside, and everyone seemed too busy to come to us. This of course, was because it was Valentine's Day. We were seated after 10-15 minutes after we arrived.



Calamari Fritti

We decided to start off our dinner with the calamari fritti. It is a filling plate of fried calamari, which also comes with a generous dish of chili pepper dipping sauce. 
Ricky got fettuccine gamberi e zucchine- a classic, and one of the more popular dishes. It is a fettuccine dish with shrimp and zucchini tossed in a saffron sauce. The both of us thought this dish was really good!
My main dish was the fusilli alla boscaiola. This is a dish with fusilli pasta, spicy sausage, cherry tomatoes, and mushrooms in a light tomato sauce. I read many positive reviews on the sausage here, and I must agree with them. Everything was seasoned so well. 
Fettuccine Gamberi e Zucchine and Fusilli Alla Boscaiola
We only ordered three dishes, but all of the food was so filling! I had only gone through half of my pasta before I felt full. I was very tempted to try their fish stew, which is widely raved about. The single portion looked HUGE, so I knew it would have to wait until next time. I would definitely consider coming back. The prices are reasonable, and the food is delicious and filling.


Thank you for reading!



   

No comments:

Post a Comment